|What is LipoDissolve®?|
|LipoDissolve® is a series of micro-injections developed to dissolve fat deposits of the face and body. LipoDissolve® is a procedure available at Harbour Medispa Wilston. It works by injecting primarily a mixture of two naturally occurring chemicals, phosphatidylcholine and deoxycholate into the skin. Phosphatidylcholine is made out of two fatty acid tails connected to a choline molecule. Phosphatidylcholine, also known as lethicin, is one of the components of soybean oil. It is also a lipid or fat that constitutes 70% of cell membranes in humans. Deoxycholate is the most common occurring bile acid and its job is to help dissolve fats we consume. Normally, both are secreted by the gallbladder when we eat a high fat meal to aid digestion.|
How do I know if LipoDissolve® is right for me?
|You may be a candidate for LipoDissolve® if you have small areas of fat deposits that need reduction. During your consultation, the medical team will evaluate your condition and profile, and decide whether LipoDissolve® is the right solution for you.|
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• There can be some redness, stinging, and burning within 15 minutes to 2 hours after treatment and later swelling and bruising which peaks between 6-72 hours.
• Should any redness or a small limp be experienced, use warm compresses several times a day. You may experience several post-inflammatory nodules. These indicate ongoing fat
necrosis (a good thing……) these will disappear within 30 days.
• Results from treatment can often be noted about 4-5 weeks after your last treatment depending on your metabolism and body type.
• Evidence of milk skin retraction may begin to appear at 10-14 days post-injection. This improvement may be more evident in a photograph than in your own estimation.
• Inflammation will be present up to 4 weeks after treatment, which will limit any visible result.
• The inflammatory response continues and you may not see the final result for up to one year.
• Immediately following the procedure, ice should be applied to the area and may be applied as needed to reduce swelling for the first 48 hours.
• Do not wash or take a shower for at least 4 hours after treatment
• Arnica gel can be applied three times a day for 48 hours to resolve bruising.
• Do not take anti-inflammatories (aspirin) or Vitamin E for 24 hours after injections. You can use painkillers (paracetamol) for any discomfort.
• Hot tubs, saunas, Jacuzzis, and massages are not recommended for 48 hours after treatment. After 48 hours, these ARE recommended to assist in healing.
• Avoid direct sun exposure, tanning beds for two weeks post-treatment.
• Massage the treated area for about 15 minutes per day for two weeks after treatment to aid the process of fat elimination.
• Walking 20-30 minutes daily during the course of treatment will aid in effectiveness. Avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours.
• Drink lots of fluids (water) for the first 24 hours.
• Avoid alcohol to facilitate hepatic handling of toxins.
• Make a follow up appointment for 6 weeks. If you are having more than one body part treated simultaneously, make an appointment in two weeks alternately for each body part or discuss with your medical professional.
Contact us for any further clarification.