Medical Peel Treatments
IN CLINIC: 30 MINS TO 1 HOUR
COST RANGE FOR SINGLE SESSION: FROM $180
RECOVERY TIME: 5-7 DAYS WITH REDNESS
The Power of Chemical Peels
Women have been using chemical peels for over 2,000 years! Cleopatra soaked in milk baths to smooth her skin. The active ingredient in milk is lactic acid (an alpha hydroxy acid, or AHA) and these acids (along with beta-hydroxy acids or BHAs) are still among the most commonly used types in modern peels,
Chemical Peels have been around for a long time for a good reason… they work. These days, the term ‘chemical peel’ applies to so many different formulations ranging from weaker glycolic peels that can be done at home to the strongest Phenol peels that often require sedation or general anesthesia.
Our range of chemical peels at Harbour Medispa can correct acne, age spots, discoloration, tone, fine lines (especially under the eyes and around the mouth), freckles, melasma, sun damage, and more.
Book a consultation with Harbour Medispa today to assess the strength of peel you need to achieve your skincare goals. Add our Quattrolux LED light therapy to your treatment and see your results accelerate!
ARRIVED with Dull dry Skin and when my treatment was finished, my skin was radiant and very soft to the touch. highly recommendED! I’M Extremely pleased with the results.
– Brenda Toy
Chemical Peel Types
A series of mild chemical peels—on the face, neck, and/or chest—every few weeks is great for busy people for significant results with minimal downtime. Mild peels are the AHA peels or fruit acid peels, most commonly Glycolic Acid, Citric Acid, and Lactic Acid, and can help improve acne scars, skin tone
Medium-strength peels use some of the same acids in mild peels, just at a much higher level. Look to medium-depth chemical peels to remedy moderate wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. You may also be a candidate if you have heavy sun damage, leathery skin, and coarse wrinkles that are visible even at rest. Medium-strength chemical peels may also help correct acne scars.
deep chemical PEELS
Deep Chemical Peels are the strongest out there, targeting deep wrinkles, sun damage and uneven tone. They are helpful in treating vertical lines around the mouth and they work best on lighter skin, since there is less of a risk of hyperpigmentation or bleaching. There is some real downtime with these peels. Crusting and post-procedure redness are a symptom and can last for weeks. The trade off is dramatic, long-term results.
3 DAYS BEFORE TREATMENT
- AVOID the use of Ibuprofen, Asprin, Aleve, Fish Oils and Vitamin E Supplements – this helps to prevent bruising
- AVOID the use of topical products containing Tretinoin, Retin-A, Retinol, Retinoids, Glycolic Acids, Alpha Hydroxy-Acid or other “Anti-Aging” products
- AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing or the use of hair removal cream around the lip area
DAY OF TREATMENT
- Arrive 5 – 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment with a clean face – please do not wear makeup
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling, if necessary
- AVOID makeup or product application for 24 hours after treatment to help prevent infection
- AVOID exposure to intense heat (sun lamp or sunbathing) and/or intense cold for 24 hours after your treatment
- AVOID the use of Ibuprofen, Asprin, Fish Oils and Vitamin E Supplements for 24 hours after your treatment
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Harbour Medispa Hamilton