“Smokers Lines” Lip Treatment
treatment time: 15 mins to 45 mins
(depending on number of areas being treated)
RECOVERY TIME: zero to little recovery time
RESULTS LAST: 3 – 6 MONTHS
(depending on metabolism & area being treated)
Get Rid of Vertical Lip Lines
At Harbour Medispa, we employ the use of cosmetic injectables to help relax the smoker’s lines or “lipstick lines” around your mouth and restore a more youthful appearance. These vertical wrinkles marring your lips can be a natural result of aging. Of course, the more time you spend with your lips puckered around a cigarette, the more pronounced the lines do become. The muscles in your lower face get used to being in a particular position and this affects how the overlying skin looks.
Cosmetic injections work by blocking nerve impulses to the muscles in the treated area. Since the muscles are no longer moving as much, the lines in the overlying skin aren’t being constantly reinforced.
Nurse Jo uses her experience and expertise to precisely target the muscles and deliver the correct amount of botulinum toxin to make your results look natural.
Can’t recommend Jo enough, fabulous nurse with caring nature.
– Ellen Wieden
OUR COSMETIC INJECTIONS MENU
treatment must-know’s & instructions
72-HOURS BEFORE TREATMENT
- AVOID the use of Ibuprofen, Asprin, Aleve, Fish Oils and Vitamin E Supplements – this helps to prevent bruising
- AVOID the use of topical products containing Tretinoin, Retin-A, Retinol, Retinoids, Glycolic Acids, Alpha Hydroxy-Acid or other “Anti-Aging” product
24-HOURS BEFORE TREATMENT
- AVOID excessive alcoholic beverages 24 hours before your treatment – this helps to prevent the likelihood of bruising.
DAY OF TREATMENT
- Arrive 5 – 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment with a clean face – please do not wear makeup
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling or bleeding, if necessary. Ice and over-the-counter medication can be used to reduce any minor side effects. If you do experience these effects, they are easily concealable with makeup.
- AVOID makeup or product application for 24 hours after treatment to help prevent infection
- AVOID exposure to intense heat (sun lamp or sunbathing) and/or intense cold for 24 hours after your anti-wrinkle injection treatment
- AVOID the use of Ibuprofen, Asprin, Fish Oils and Vitamin E Supplements for 24 hours after your treatment
- AVOID rubbing for your face and any strenuous activities for up to 72-hours post-treatment
Most patients require treatments 3 to 4 times a year for optimal results.
After several maintenance treatments, your facial muscles being treated begin to respond much quicker and remain trained, thus requiring less frequent treatments.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us here.