harbour facial aesthetics + medispa hamilton
MATRIX PDO THREADS
treatment time: between 30-60 mins
(depending on number of areas being treated)
RECOVERY TIME: 2-3 days recovery time
RESULTS LAST: permanent results
cost from: $250
What are Matrix PDO Threads?
What Are They?
Matrix PDO Threads are inserted into the sub dermal level, in a mesh-like pattern, to promote the creation of new collagen. The threads activate collagen synthesis which produces a gradual skin thickening, skin tightening and rejuvenation effect.
They are minimally invasive and can also be used multiple times.
What are Matrix PDO threads made from?
Our mono threads are made from Polydioxanone – an absorbable polymer. This material is both flexible and durable.
The threads become a support structure for your face, allowing collagen production to increase. Overtime, the threads are absorbed by the body.
How do Matrix PDO threads tighten the skin?
They induce natural collagen production, which creates a tightening effect. This effect lasts for 6-12 months.
Results may be seen in 6 weeks and will continue to improve over 2 to 6 months. While the threads slowly dissolve, their effects may last up to 12 months.
You can view thread lift before and after images here.
How do they differ from barbed threads?
PDO threads differ from thread lifts, which use long barbed threads to lift tissues. Instead, mono threads provide an improvement of fine lines and wrinkles by gradually stimulating natural collagen production.
There are two different types of Matrix Threads:
- Matrix Mono Threads. Matrix Mono Threads are a type of single PDO filament which are smooth and made without barbs. They are inserted into the skin in a mesh-like pattern, producing a tightening effect. While Matrix Mono Threads tighten the skin, they provide no lifting effect.
- Matrix Double Screw Threads. Matrix Screw Threads feature a double thread screw, consisting of 1-2 intertwined threads, which provide volume to the area being treated.
They are used by patients who only desire skin tightening and rejuvenation.
What happens during a Matrix PDO Thread Treatment?
Topical anaesthetic is applied to the treatment area. The PDO Threads are inserted using a micro-needle or a cannula. There is no incision and subsequently, no stitches required.
Treatments sessions typically take between 30 to 60 minutes. The procedure must also be provided by a medical professional who has been fully trained.
What areas can Matrix PDO Threads be used to treat?
The threads can be used to treat the following areas:
- Upper and lower cheek
- Forehead and brows
- Neck and jawline
- Nose to mouth lines
- Marionette lines
The prices are very, very reasonable for the amazing service you receive.
The treatments are detailed well and accurately on her website, and explained in person in an accessible and easygoing manner that completely puts you at easy and feel confident that you are in the safest of hands, and will leave 110% happy.
harbour medispa HAMILTON
OUR ANTI-WRINKLE INJECTIONs MENU
What Are Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
Neuromodulators or neurotoxins – the substance used in anti-wrinkle injections – are most well-known for “freezing” wrinkles and lines. They are best used for temporary treatment to smooth wrinkles that form as a result of facial movements like frowning, squinting, and smiling.
Anti-wrinkle injections work by blocking the release of acetylcholine, a chemical that signals muscles to move. They temporarily paralyse those specific muscles that contract, creating common frown lines, crow’s feet, and horizontal lines.
While there is no real downtime associated with this treatment, the team at Harbour Medispa Wilston feel it is important to note that you may encounter some slight bruising and swelling directly after treatment on occassions. This can easily be masked by make-up.
There are no long-term side effects of having wrinkle injections, meaning patients can resume their usual activities straight away, and can also fly post-treatment.
The results can last between four to six months depending on your metabolism speed, lifestyle and many other factors. Expect to see the fantastic results within two to three days following just one treatment, but really kicking in by the second week post-treatment.
Are Anti-Wrinkle Relaxants or Dermal Fillers Right For Me?
The simple rule? Lines of expression need anti-wrinkle injections. Lines at rest need filler. While anti-wrinkle injections are a great choice for hitting those “crease points” where muscles contract, fillers are best for deep lines that are present even when facial muscles are not contracting.
Harbour Medispa Wilston’s Anti-Wrinkle Injections can product long-term results with benefits including:
- Reducing wrinkles, creating a younger-looking appearance
- Non-surgical treatment with little to no downtime
- Smoothes skin texture
- Effective in treating excessive sweating and migraines
Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Results for Forehead Line Reduction. Photo Taken Two Weeks Post-Treatment.
Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Results to Forehead & Brow with Overall Improvement to Deep Static Lines for First Time Client
Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Results to Crows Feet and Forehead
(Immediate Results with 2 More For Treatment To Settle In)
Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Results to Reduce Significant Forehead Lines
Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Results for Crow’s Feet Reduction
Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Results Crows Feet with An Overall Improvement to Deep Static Lines for First Time Client
0.5mL Lip Filler Treatment
Jolie-Inspired with Pillow-Effect & Slight Upturning On Edges
Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Results for Brow Lift & Forehead Line Reduction. Photo Taken 2 Weeks Post-Treatment.
treatment must-know’s & instructions
72-HOURS BEFORE TREATMENT
- AVOID the use of Ibuprofen, Asprin, Aleve, Fish Oils and Vitamin E Supplements – this helps to prevent bruising
- AVOID the use of topical products containing Tretinoin, Retin-A, Retinol, Retinoids, Glycolic Acids, Alpha Hydroxy-Acid or other “Anti-Aging” product
24-HOURS BEFORE TREATMENT
- AVOID excessive alcoholic beverages 24 hours before your treatment – this helps to prevent the likelihood of bruising.
DAY OF TREATMENT
- Arrive 5 – 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment with a clean face – please do not wear makeup
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling or bleeding, if necessary. Ice and over-the-counter medication can be used to reduce any minor side effects. If you do experience these effects, they are easily concealable with makeup.
- AVOID makeup or product application for 24 hours after treatment to help prevent infection
- AVOID exposure to intense heat (sun lamp or sunbathing) and/or intense cold for 24 hours after your anti-wrinkle injection treatment
- AVOID the use of Ibuprofen, Asprin, Fish Oils and Vitamin E Supplements for 24 hours after your treatment
- AVOID rubbing for your face and any strenuous activities for up to 72-hours post-treatment
Most patients require treatments 3 to 4 times a year for optimal results.
After several maintenance treatments, your facial muscles being treated begin to respond much quicker and remain trained, thus requiring less frequent treatments.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Harbour Medispa